WCC Construction Technology students have contributed thousands of volunteer hours to construction-related projects throughout the community.
They have put their skills to work renewing, refurbishing, rehabbing or remodeling structures and facilities such as:
- Growing Hope offices, hoop houses and picnic tables
- Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley houses
- Peace Neighborhood Center offices
- Ypsilanti’s Riverside Park tridge, dock and gazebo
Public School Partnerships
Construction Technology at WCC has many long-standing partnerships and articulation agreements with high school vocational programs in the region, including:
- Ann Arbor Public Schools
- LISD TECH Center, Lenawee County
- Oakland Schools Northeast Campus (Pontiac)
- Ypsilanti Community School District
Ypsilanti Community Schools partnered with WCC to bring high school seniors to campus for construction skills training.
The skills they acquired benefited Ypsilanti’s Growing Hope with new picnic tables for patrons and guests.
Students completing the program also received scholarships made possible with a general grant from the Masco Corporation Foundation.
To learn more about Construction Technology at WCC, send an email to email@example.com or phone 734-973-3622.